Exploring Poetry

Poetry could be a paragraph or a few lines of inspirational and emotional writing. People use poetry to express them self's and their emotions about something. They also use poetry to describe an object or a topic.

Over the three days of ILT we completed eight actives, four individual, three group work and one with your class. The first task was a class task, we had been giving a poem three days before the ILT and had to learn it. On Wednesday morning we had drama for an hour. In that hour we made up and practice moves for the poem to perform on Friday for the Grade. On Friday we preformed our poem as a class and did stunning.


Next was a group task, we had been given words and then had to find the meanings of them. After we had found the meanings for all the words we had to put it into a show or and imove. Task three was Poetry writing which was a group task. Each member had to choose a type of poem and find the meaning and the structure of the poem. When everyone had done their poem the one person put all the poems into a keynote.

Black out Poetry was the next task and it was individual working. You would receive a page from a wonder book and the you would first take a pencil and circle some words. Then use those words to make up a poem. Then take a black permanent marker and black out all the other words except the words you circled. Task five was group work, it was called Poetry Slam. In this activity we had to write an eleven to twenty line poem and then make a play or a skit out of the poem. We had to wear theater blacks on the day we before in front of the class.

Next task was analyzing poem, in this activity we had to listen to a poem and then answer questions about the poem. Then in task seven we had to read a poem and then draw a picture about what we thought about the poem.The last activity was our reflection were we talk about what we enjoyed and did not enjoy.


My personal best activity was the the imagery because you could express you self on a piece of paper and drawing something was fun. Mt worst activity was the poetry slam because our group didn't work to well together. I felt very excited because I got to show what I have got and also that we got very kind responses from the other kids. I didn't learn any new words but I had a lot of fun. I learnt that I can write poems and express my feelings without feeling embarrassed.

Here is one of my own poems from the ILT.


 

Comments

  1. Dear David
    I also really enjoyed the imagery. I really like the poem which you wrote. Hope to see you writing some Shakespeare worthy poems in the future.
    From Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear David,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post and I really liked how you expressed yourself in different ways in the blog post.
    From Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear David,
    I really enjoyed your blog and I loved your poem about art
    From Troy D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts